Don't Let People
Get You Down
(including church people)
Let Jesus Lift You Up
(This article was written around 1998--
and yes, church people are still acting up.)
It seems that there is always somebody trying to knock you down from your walk with Jesus. One of two things will happen: 1) you'll cling to the Lord and ignore what they are trying to do, or, 2) you'll fall by the wayside.
I received an e-mail from a gentleman who was knocked down by church people. After he came to Christ, he was reading his Bible for 45 minutes a day in the evening. When the church people found out, they told him that he had to seek the Lord early and that he should only read in the morning. When the man tried to rearrange his schedule for them, he stopped reading the Bible and began backslidding.
Should they have compelled that man to read his Bible in the morning? No. In Romans 14, Paul tells us to let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind concerning his worship. I told the man that there's nothing wrong with reading your Bible at night. Don't let people mess up your worship/study/praise time.
[There was an incident in my own church life that apparently caused me a lot of pain (the year is now 2013). The following was written when I tried to explain how I was getting over it.]
- Crying to the Lord until I get some satisfaction.
- Telling Jesus He has to take away the hurt [be]cause I can't do it.
- Reading the Psalms. Psalms 3 especially spoke to me. A precious verse that has helped me tremendously is Psalm 4:4, "Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah." Uplift the Lord in your heart. Consider His word and talk to Jesus continually.
- Keep in mind that eternity is what counts, not the actions of people.
- My good works will follow me into glory and are never done in vain.
- Jesus said that if I abide in Him, I will bear fruit and that my fruit shall remain.
- God is still good, ALL THE TIME.
- The wicked do not prosper.
- God judges righteously.
- There are people depending on me to do the right thing.
- The race is not given to the swift or the strong. It is to them that endure. So I endure all things, believe all things and cling to my Lord in all things.
- People need to be saved. I can't stop my ministries to feel sorry for myself which does no good.
- "Vengence is mine," saith the Lord.
Don't let people get you down, let Jesus lift you up. Praise ye the Lord whose name is blessed forever.
Links: The Enemy (WE WRESTLE NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD but against powers and principalities against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. We see people, but there are evil spirits in this world--and we need to mindful that we are not letting them influence US! Stay away from the television.)
| Eternal Life | Hell is Real | The Gospel According to John | | My Testimony |Why I Read the Authorized KJV Bible| | The Hymnal | Messianic Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus Christ | | Epistle Dedicatory to the Authorized King James of 1611 |