CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER: A QUICK ROAD TO HELL FOR A DISOBEDIENT CHURCH
Part III: Yoga and the Kundalini Serpent Power --
Many church people are now magicians-in-training, wizards, and workers with familiar spirits.
- In Part II of this series, we read a quote stating that that contemplative prayer is a bridge of eastern spirituality. A short quote from part II--"...so-called evangelical churches have entered the occult ring through 'contemplative prayer'. THEY IGNORANTLY UTILIZE YOGA-TYPE PRACTICES TO TRY TO REACH GOD. The god they reach is not the God of the Bible..."
- In this article we will examine a few things about yoga and the kundalini serpent power and little about how many professed Christians (actually antichristians and antichrists as they follow the deceiving spirit of antichrist) are (at this point) magicians-in-training, wizards, and workers with familiar spirits. The situation will only worsen.
Through their yoga-type "unmediated communion with God"/no mediator/contact-God-directly-activities, many so-called Christians deny that Jesus is the Christ (which is the definition of antichrist) and the one mediator between God and man--they are become antichrists. They have not the Father nor the Son.I John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
These people can sit up in the same room with Buddhists, Catholics, atheists, Greek Orthodox, witches, occultists, new agers, etc. and have "peaceful" meditation sessions. And they can easily and greedily read the same occult-technique books that occultists read. Why? Because through their "spirituality" they are contacting the same entity--that old serpent called the Devil and Satan.
When people like these are challenged with what the Bible says, they ignore the Bible [we are not talking about those that may have been ignorantly tricked into this as they have sought to find salvation and encountered a deceiver]. Years ago, one professed Christian intimated or confessed that he would disobey certain admonition(s) of the Bible. I then brought up a specific scripture and asked if he would obey it--he casually said that he would probably disobey it. He then said, "I used to be like you" as if he had outgrown listening to the holy scriptures, in actuality, people who leave the scriptures, have fallen away from the faith and have apostasized into false doctrine.
I believe that I have heard similiar words from another professed Christian--the person speaking as if they had "gotten past" the stage of cleaving to the word of God, but I do not remember the particulars. In the hymn book was a song that had a phrase in it that went on this wise, "beyond the sacred page". There is no such thing as beyond God's word. It will never pass. A question is in order for heretics that supposedly once believed the holy scriptures--Who hath bewitched you that ye should not obey the truth?
Many church people are become a group of antichrists gathered in a church of Satan's devices. They deny that Jesus is the Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ is the anointed one. He is the one that God hath sanctified and sent into the world to redeem us. The Lord Jesus Christ is the redeemer of mankind. There is no other way to contact the true and the living God, but by his Son ACCORDING TO HIS WORD for GOD HATH MAGNIFIED HIS WORD ABOVE ALL HIS NAME. JUST SAYING, "GOD" AND "JESUS" IS NOT ENOUGH--GOD'S WORD MUST BE FOLLOWED AND OBEYED. GOD WILL NOT COMMUNE WITH ANYONE WHO IS DISOBEYING HIS WORD--HE JUDGES THOSE PEOPLE. FEAR AND TREMBLING ARE IN ORDER. THERE IS NO "UNMEDIATED COMMUNION WITH GOD". ANYONE PROPOSING THIS IS LABELING HIMSELF AN ANTICHRIST, DENYING THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST.
Church people who are cleaving to lies and false worship are going in the way of Cain, and offering in strange fire like Nadab and Abihu. He that entereth not by the door--the Lord Jesus Christ--into the sheepfold but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber (reference John 10:1). No one will enter God's presence and God's heaven by their own methods (myway.htm).
The Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible teaches us that Jesus is the Christ (reference Matthew 16:16; Mark 8:29; John 4:29, 7:41, 20:31; I John 2:22, I John 5:1). He is the anointed one who is the one mediator between God and man (reference 1 Timothy 2:5). The subject antichrists seek "unmediated communion" with God; they seek to go to God "directly" through heathen techniques--ignoring and disobeying God's word (in their exercises, they are not encountering the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible is against what they are doing. The God of the Bible told his people, "Learn not the way of the heathen." The church people seeking out "contemplative prayer" people do not hearken to the word of God. They are going after (and finding) a different god than the God of the Bible. They are pursuing the god of the heathen, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, the god of this world.
Salvation is not about fleshly feelings and seeing lights and levitating off of the floor. Salvation is about a him--the Lord Jesus Christ, an historical person who lived and spoke AND TOLD US THAT THE WORD THAT HE HATH SPOKEN WILL JUDGE US. He is the one that spoke on this wise, "And why call ye me Lord, Lord and do not the things which I say?" He is the one to whom the false brethren will say, "have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" And he will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me ye that work iniquity.
The Bible teaches us to pray in Jesus' name, and forbids us seeking out some heathen/hindu/shaman/Greek Orthodox Hesychast method/voodoo/hocus-pocus-type techniques for "contacting God directly." THE GOD OF THE BIBLE SPEAKS THROUGH HIS WORD AND HE HAS MAGNIFIED HIS WORD ABOVE *ALL* HIS NAME (reference Psalm 138:2). Saying God's name is not enough; men who would please God must fear and tremble at his word and obey it. We contact God through obedience; he is very real, nigh, and known to his people.
When reading about Hinduism (from whence yoga comes), one finds that it DENIES that there is any need for a redeemer, a very great blasphemy. Similiarly to Hindu practitioners of yoga, church people who are engaging in contemplative prayer are skipping past the words of the Lord Jesus Christ and contacting another god through Hindu mantra techniques. These church people will come to the same conclusion as the Hindu, for the spirit is the same.
Many, many church people profess that they know God, but in works they deny him, being abominable and disobedient and unto every good work, reprobate. They are looking for a way to circumvent God's word and yet feel in contact with him. The devil is there waiting to deceive them.
- Yoga comes from Hinduism.
- Yoga means, "yoke" or to unite. Unite what to what? Unite a person's soul to the Hindu supreme god (there are many, many lesser hindu gods).
- All forms of yoga are believed to raise the kundalini. "Kundalini" refers to the serpent power. The actual word is said to mean, "coiled". It is said that the kundalini lies at the base of the spine and has to be awakened. Yoga is meant to awaken the serpent. The people basically get possessed--some prepare their body for the devil (they may or may not call it the devil) and some don't know that the devil can come in them like this--I've read of people going insane, committing suicide, etc....the kundalini serpent power--THE BIBLE TEACHES US THAT THE SERPENT IS NONE OTHER BUT THE DEVIL HIMSELF!Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, THAT OLD SERPENT, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
The serpent was in the garden of Eden beguiling Eve and he has continued to beguile men ever since that time. There have been men that have actively sought out the devil and shared techniques for contacting him and interacting with him--the magicians, the enchanters, the witches, the wizards, the workers with familiar spirits. There have been soothsayers, astrologers, charmers, necromancers, observers of times, them that use divination, those that make their sons and daughters to pass through the fire. There have been that worshipped the devil under many names and forms. There have been occultists. This darkness is now coming to the surface of the earth and is being manifested in the reprobate mind laws and in schools of the land and in society, preparing a people to worship the dragon and the beast (as found in Revelation 13)--
AND NOW IT IS COME INTO THE VISIBLE CHURCH beguiling and tricking the disobedient into directly worshipping Satan (while they are calling him by God's name). THIS IS BLASPHEMY! Anyone confessing God's name while rejecting the precepts and commands of his word is not his and is not worshipping God; that rebel is worshipping Satan.
What is causing incalculable trouble and sorrow and grief is the fact that these techniques of Satan are being mixed into the gospel itself by at least one minister of Satan (may he not prosper in his blasphemy)--actually implying that a person can reach the Lord Jesus through these techniques and even be saved. If any man speak not accord to the Authorized Version of God's word, it is because there is NO light in him. THE BIBLE IS BEING BERATED BY THE MINISTERS OF SATAN WHO ARE BOLDLY ENTERING CHURCHES AND PREACHING TO CHURCH PEOPLE. MANY, MANY SIMPLE SOULS ARE BEING LED ASTRAY.Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, the Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2 Timothy 2:19
- A major aspect in yoga is using a mantra, which is essentially vain repetition to summon devils from the air. The person keeps on repeating a word, phrase, act, etc. and the devil comes in response to the disobedience.mantra, n. Hinduism A sacred verbal formula REPEATED in prayer, meditation, or incantation, such as an invocation of a god, a magic spell. . . (thefreedictionary.com/mantra)
We are talking about the magicians and the enchanters here. One Swami, quoted in the Encyclopedia Americana noted that a stage of yoga is supernatural power. The adept will get to it but they have to learn how to prepare for that evil spirit and call it and work with it (mantra, body posture, breathing, etc.). Of note, Buddhism also uses a mantra-type of technique (some consider Buddhism just an outgrowth of Hinduism). I remember a Buddhist woman who told me that in her exercises she "chanted" to a scroll. I asked if anything strange ever happened. She said in a matter-of-factly-shrug-of-the-shoulders manner, "An ashtray just flew across the room."
- Old time influential heretics like "the Desert Fathers" (third century monks) and old time Roman Catholic mystics essentially used mantras/vain repetitions to contact the spirit world--it is these people that the emerging/emergent church leaders often credit for their "contemplative spirituality", "contemplative prayer", "centering prayer", "meditative spirituality", "ancient future church", etc. The techniques of these old time heretics/mystics are of the same nature as those of occultists and other heathens."The meditation of advanced occultists is identical with the prayer of advanced mystics."
(Quote of a quote quoted in A Time of Departing by Ray Yungen, Chapter 2, "The Yoga of the west", page 32)
Practitioners of this method believe that if the sacred words are Christian, you will get Christ--it is simply a matter of intent even though the method is identical to occult and Eastern practices.
(ibid, page 32)
- All forms of yoga are believed to raise the kundalini. The kundalini is often referred to as "the serpent power". The word kundalini is said to mean, "coiled". The serpent is supposed to reside at the base of the spine and can be awakened. It is awakened by the disobedience inherent in the mantra, a method that circumvents God's word and establishes a direct connection with the devil and the spirit world. It is the heathen that uses vain repetitions (reference Matthew 6:7) and it is the wizards that peep and mutter (reference Isaiah 8:19); any so-called Christian that is doing contemplative prayer is learning and doing the way of the heathen--Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen... Jeremiah 10:2
Anyone that is doing contemplative prayer can expect to get the same results as the heathen do. As you will see in the next point, the antichristians performing contemplative prayer are receiving the same type of warning that is being given to those who partake in Hinduism, transcendental meditation, etc. wherever someone is reaching into that kundalini serpent power realm.
- Kundalini awakening is extremely dangerous. Even adherents of hinduism warn against the dangers of unleashing the kundalini in people who are not "prepared" for it. Unsurprisingly, one can find warnings from a well-known advocate of contemplative prayer (it is easy to surmise that antichristians performing mantras would get possessed with the kundalini serpent power). The following is excerpted from "Contemplative Prayer or Terror?" by Roger Oakland (understandingthetimes.org)--Contemplative Terror
As previously stated, the purpose of contemplative prayer is to become more in tune with God. Further, we have documented where the idea originated. While not found in the Bible, it can be found in the sacred writings of Eastern religions. Further, the idea has been adapted for modern day Christianity and it is becoming very popular. Now, there is one more thing about contemplative prayer that I would like to mention. Richard Foster, one of the most well known promoters of contemplative prayer, claims there is reason to be cautious. Quoting from his book Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home:I also want to give a word of precaution. In the silent contemplation of God we are entering deeply into the spiritual realm, and there is such a thing as supernatural guidance that is not divine guidance. While the Bible does not give us a lot of information on the nature of the spiritual world, we do know... there are various orders of spiritual beings, and some of them are definitely not in cooperation with God and his way! ... But for now I want to encourage you to learn and practice prayers of protection... "All dark and evil spirits must now leave." 
I cannot find a single place in the Bible where we are instructed to pray a prayer of protection before we pray. The fact that Foster recognizes contemplative prayer can open the door to the fallen spirit world is very revealing.
What is this - praying to the God of the Bible but instead contacting [devils]? Maybe contemplative prayer should be renamed "contemplative terror".
Even more suspect is the idea that contemplative prayer is only for a select group. Again, pay attention to what Richard Foster claims:At the onset I need to give a word of warning, a little like the warning labels on medicine bottles. Contemplative prayer is not for the novice. I do not say this about other forms of prayer. All are welcome, regardless of proficiency or expertise, to enter freely into adoration and meditation and intercession and a host of other approaches to prayer. But contemplation is different. While we are all precious in the eyes of God, we are all not equally ready to listen to God's speech in his wondrous, terrible, gentle, loving, all embracing silence. 
Did you get it? Foster promotes a form of prayer that is only for the mature, select, proficient, experts who are "ready to listen" to God. [our note: perhaps it would be better said, "prepared to be possessed by the devil and hear his commands"]
Search the Scriptures. Where do you find support for this idea? It seems to me that Foster and those who promote contemplative prayer should be assigned warning labels.
Of course Jesus forewarned, teachings like this would be popular in the last days.  What is amazing to me is that many today would rather listen to men and the methods they promote rather than Jesus and His Word.
- Hindu gurus are supposed to guide the yogis (practitioners of yoga) so that the yogis might be mentally and physically prepared to receive the kundalini serpent power. In light of Foster's warning that contemplative is only for the proficient, the "spiritual directors" of contemplative prayer might be better named, "gurus".
- It is not surprising that occult books might be recommended to those antichristians who reach certain levels in contemplative prayer--it is a logical next step once the serpent resides inside of a new wizard. The following is excerpted from "Contemplative prayer: A Quick Road to Hell for a Disobedient Church -- Part II: The Contemplative Prayer Workshop"--*** THE NEXT STEP IN THE DESCENT TO HELL ***
After embarking on this unwise and dangerous course [contemplative prayer]--and being successful--the professed Christians are advised that if they want to go further in their journey that they should read certain books--which can include books by occultists. The following quote comes from A Time of Departing by Ray Yungen (page 46, bold emphases ours)--New Agers see contemplative prayer as one of their own practices...
Perhaps the most compelling example of all is one by a prominent figure in the contemplative prayer movement itself, Tilden Edwards. Edwards is the founder of the prestigious Shalem Institute in Washington, D.C.--a center which turns out spiritual directors from its training programs. In his book, Spiritual Friend, Edwards suggests those who practice contemplative prayer and have begun "spiritual unfolding" and other "unusual experiences," should turn to a book titled Psychosynthesis in order to understand the "dynamics" at "certain stages."35 For the Christian, there is a major problem with this advice. The book Edwards recommends is a book written by a world famous occultist, Roberto Assagioh.
These dynamics for certain stages of "spiritual unfolding" may be desirable by those in tune with occultism, but remember, Edwards is seeking to draw Christians into this form of prayer. Edwards himself puts to rest any pretense that this is truly Christian when he openly admits, "This mystical stream [contemplative prayer] is the Western bridge to Far Eastern spirituality*."36
- Kundalini awakening can occur when a person is expecting no such thing. It seems that there was a time when enchanters/ magicians/heathens/occultists would have to practice for years to get to a certain adeptness level with kundalini, but now it seems that kundalini awakening can, in some cases, occur spontaneously as in the case of a person who sent an email about ten years ago (Jesus-is-Lord.com/kundalin.txt) testifying that that person had gone to a "healer" and was propelled into Kundalini awakening which still had not disappeared after ten years (little did I know back then that so-called Christians, better named "antichristians" (or, rather, antichrists) would be summoning devils out of the air on their own volition through "contemplative prayer" better named "mediation"). I have also read the testimony of a person who was practicing transcendental meditation and, after a year, while he was meditating, he was overwhelmed by brillant light and he levitated off of the floor. He opened his eyes from fear and fell to the floor. He had unwittingly awaked the serpent. He said over the following years he had had 26 hospital visits and many, many troubles (but he also found "positives" in the experience). I saw this testimony on a website that did not condemn yoga, etc. but rather was basically trying to tell the leaders like gurus, etc. to be careful and help people to reach a "maturity" of sorts before kundalini awakening.
- The practitioners of contemplative prayer see "the lights." See A Time of Departing chapter 2--people who are pursuing contemplative prayer are experiencing "the lights" and "the inner adviser" WHICH APPEARS TO BE A FAMILIAR SPIRIT. These people, professed Christians, are essentially enchanters, magicians-in-training, wizards, workers with familiar spirits, and occultists. According to Swami Nikhilananda, (under "Yoga" in the Encyclopedia Americana [circa 1971]) receiving supernatural powers is a stage of yoga, albeit these powers are supposed to be discarded as a person seeks to have his mind dissolved. An occultist can stop short and practice his magic. From what I have read and perceived, those that (1) stop short of mind dissolution and (2) do not practice the magic are tormented because the kundalini mischief has to be directed somewhere.
- The contemplative tradition-type antichristians are experiencing the same types of phenomena as other heathens.[T]he classical experience of enlightenment as described by Buddhist monks, Hindu gurus, Christian mystics, Aboriginal shamans, Sufi Sheiks and Hebrew kabalists is characterized by two universal elements: radiant light and an experience of oneness with the creation. (quote of a quote from A Time of Departing page 50).
- So-called evangelicals are promoting "centering prayer" to young and old. The following excerpt is from "Tony Campolo: On Being "Born Again" by Centering Prayer" Commentary by Roger Oakland--
Tony Campolo is professor emeritus of sociology of Eastern University in St. David's, Pennsylvania. He is founder of the Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education and the author of many books.
...Tony Campolo has written a new book titled Letters to a Young Evangelical. Campolo equates the letters he wrote for this book with the letters written to Timothy that are recorded in the Bible.
...In his book Letters to a Young Evangelical, Campolo shares his own personal testimony in a chapter called "The Gospel According to Us." He begins the chapter the following way:As you may know, most Evangelicals at some point make a decision to trust in Jesus for salvation and commit to becoming the kind of people he wants us to be. 
A few pages later in this chapter, Campolo presents the details of his conversion experience. He begins by stating:When I was a boy growing up in a lower-middle-class neighborhood in West Philadelphia, my mother, a convert to Evangelical Christianity from a Catholic immigrant family, hoped I would have one of those dramatic "born again" experiences. That was the way she had come into a personal relationship with Christ. She took me to hear one evangelist after another, praying that I would go to the altar and come away "converted." [our note: this "testimony" does not ring true] But it never worked for me. I would go down the aisle as the people around me sang "the invitation hymn," but I just didn't feel that anything happened to me. For a while I despaired wondering if I would ever get "saved." It took me quite some time to realize that entering into a personal relationship with Christ does not always happen that way. 
Now, it is certainly true that not all conversions are experienced by coming to Christ at an evangelistic crusade. However, it's important to carefully consider how Campolo describes his personal conversion experience, especially in light of the Scriptures. Later in the same chapter, he wrote:In my case intimacy with Christ had developed gradually over the years, primarily through what Catholics call "centering prayer." Each morning, as soon as I wake up, I take time--sometimes as much as a half hour--to center myself on Jesus. I say his name over and over again to drive back the 101 things that begin to clutter my mind the minute I open my eyes. Jesus is my mantra, as some would say.
I have searched the Scriptures! You can do the same. Centering prayer and using the name of Jesus as a "mantra" is just not there. In fact the idea of using a mantra (that is mindlessly repeating a word over and over again) is used by the Buddhists and the Hindus in their attempts to focus on the spiritual realm and contact higher beings that the Bible calls [devils].
- The devil has ministers--and they can smile and talk about love. Even the devil himself can appear as an angel of light and people under his spell can feel "love" as their heads are filled with lies. There is a such thing as false apostles and deceitful workers in the church itself.II Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
- The ministers of Satan are uniting the world's religions through the meditative spirituality (this goes back a long way, perhaps more on this later). The following is taken from A Time of Departing (emphases ours)--Interspirituality
The final outcome of contemplative prayer is interspirituality.
Just what exactly is interspirituality? The premise behind interspirituality is that divinity (God) is in all things, and the presence of God is in all religions; there is a connecting together of all things, through mysticism (i.e., meditation) this state of divinity can be recognized. ..[T]his is a premise that is based on and upheld by an experience that occurs during a self-hypnotic trance linking one to an unseen [spirit] world rather than to the sound doctrine of the Bible.
Former New Age medium, Brian Flynn, in his fascinating book, Running Against the Wind, explains it as a uniting of the world's religions through the common thread of mysticism. Flynn quotes the late Wayne Teasdale (a lay monk who coined the term interspirituality) as saying that interspirituality is "the spiritual common ground which exists among the world's religions." Teasdale, in talking about this universal church also states:She [the church] also has a responsibility in our age to be a bridge for reconciling the human family . . . the Spirit is inspiring her through the signs of the times to open to Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Sikhs, Jains, Taoists, Confucians, and indigenous peoples. As matrix [a binding substance], the Church would no longer see members of other traditions as outside her life. She would promote the study of these traditions, seek common ground and parallel insights.
A[n] article in my local newspaper revealed just how well received interspirituality has become in certain circles. One Presbyterian elder who was described as a "Spiritual Director" made it clear when she said:I also have a strong interest in Buddhism and do a sitting meditation in Portland as often as I can. I considered myself ecumenical not only in the Christian tradition, but with all religions.
Pastor and author John MacArthur summed up this profound and imminent danger brilliantly in his book, Reckless Faith--The evangelical consensus has shifted decidedly in the past two decades. Our collective message is now short on doctrine and long on experience. Thinking is deemed less important than feeling. . . The love of sound doctrine that has always been a distinguishing characteristic of evangelicalism has all but disappeared. Add a dose of mysticism to this mix and you have the recipe for unmitigated spiritual disaster.
1. A Time of Departing, by Ray Yungen; 2. Encyclopedia Americana (circa 1971), "Yoga"; 3. Funk & Wagnalls, "Yoga" and "Buddhism"; 4. en.wikipedia.org "Kundalini_yoga" ; 5. en.wikipedia.org "Kundalini_syndrome" ; 6. en.wikipedia.org "Desert Fathers ; 7. Contemplative Prayer or Terror?, understandthetimes.org ; 8. Tony Campolo: On Being "Born Again" by Centering Prayer, understandthetimes.org
Contemplative Prayer: A Quick Road to Hell For A Disobedient Church
Part IV: Who or What is the Kundalini Serpent Power
Notes and Quotes Index
Deception Series and Email Archives